What exactly is a doner? Can I make something like it at home? And how do you get the dots above the o? Hope you are still enjoying yourselves. We missed you at the reunion.
To make a doner they have a large piece of lamb (or pork I think) rotating on a spit. They slice off pieces with a large knife. Then they put it in pita bread with feta cheese, cabbage, and other veggies. I think they also put a sauce of some sort on it. They are DELICIOUS!!!! I have never been able to duplicate them at home. I even tried to get them at a restaurant in New York City, but they weren't the same as the ones in Germany!
What exactly is a doner? Can I make something like it at home? And how do you get the dots above the o? Hope you are still enjoying yourselves. We missed you at the reunion.
ReplyDeleteTo make a doner they have a large piece of lamb (or pork I think) rotating on a spit. They slice off pieces with a large knife. Then they put it in pita bread with feta cheese, cabbage, and other veggies. I think they also put a sauce of some sort on it. They are DELICIOUS!!!! I have never been able to duplicate them at home. I even tried to get them at a restaurant in New York City, but they weren't the same as the ones in Germany!
ReplyDelete