But luckily, Apple was kind enough to replace the hard drive and several things in my Mac that were wearing out for free. It's definitely bittersweet, but it's nice to have a computer that works again. I think I would compare it to a friend having amnesia--you get your friend back, but it remembers nothing. Another annoyance is that I don't have all the similar software that used to be on my computer, including Snow Leopard which I've found out that I desperately need. Oh well, such is life, right? I'm just very thankful that Apple replaced it for free and that I didn't have to do it myself.
There's also been some payroll miscommunications with Mark's work that resulted in him not being paid in full for this month, so that's been a little rough.
But, looking on the bright side, things could have been a lot worse. So tonight, we're really thankful that things are better now and we're not completely starving (yet). :)
Oh, did I mention that it finally cooled down today? After weeks of sweltering, sticky, and swampy heat, it rained. Now it's about 60 degrees outside and we have the windows open. It feels delicious!
Here's some pictures of our expedition into Stuttgart today to get my MacBook.
Hmm...a deep thinker.

Well Candice... yes, it's a thankful moment for sure. You are back on the blog!!!!!!!! I do miss those fast and efficient trains.. Thanks for the photos.
ReplyDeleteAt least you have been keeping a blog so not ALL of your pictures are lost.
ReplyDeleteHope you are doing better. We miss you.