Views from the top.
Downtown Stuttgart. It looks small, but I promise it isn't!
Waiblingen is off in that direction.
On the way back to the U-bahn.
On our way up to the TV tower, we spotted an awesome fountain along the road with an amazing view of Stuttgart, so we stopped by on the way back down to relax for a little while.
This is what the full waterfall looks like. The water from it goes underneath the sitting area and down the hill. Pretty cool.
We went back to the main shopping area of the city and someone was handing out free Cokes! We heard of some baseball games happening in Stuttgart this weekend, so we went to investigate. Mark said they were the European Championships for baseball. We went out to the closest U-bahn stop by the stadium, but we were still quite a ways from it. So we figured that by the time it took to walk there, the game would have been more than half way over. We decided to scrap the idea. We were both bummed. We wanted to see some baseball in Europe!
After that, we went back to the center of the city to do some shopping and looking around. We saw some German rappers. Notice how the guy on the left looks like a slightly more muscular Dana Carvey. But the awesomeness was cut short by two girls who step in front of my camera at the end and one proceeds to do her hair. Shucks.
We decided to go back to Waiblingen to try some pizza at a restaurant down the street from our apartment. The pizza was good and really affordable, but I found a hair in mine. Ugh. Why do I always have bad luck with restaurants?
Overall though, it was an awesome day. It was so nice to be able to go look around and explore more of Stuttgart. The more I go back, the more I love that place.

I am glad you had such a wonderful visit. I am not kidding you, but my sister-in-law lived up the street from the ice cream shop you showed in picture. Have you been to H&M yet? Love the clothes and they are actually affordable.
ReplyDeleteWow cool! Have you lived in Stuttgart or have you just been over to visit your sister-in-law? You seem to know quite a bit about it. I have been to H&M--Love it! I actually went there on this same trip. I usually go there every time I visit Stuttgart. :) Oh, and your sister-in-law is lucky, that area of Stuttgart is gorgeous! Then again, most of it is.
ReplyDeleteMy husband is German, so we go every year except this year. My sister-in-law has moved now to Benningen am Neckar near Ludwigsburg. I think Stuttgart has to be one of my favorite cities in Germany. Berlin is pretty fantastic too!
ReplyDeleteDie Stadt sieht erstaunlich. Ich kann nicht warten, sie zu besuchen Sie!
ReplyDelete