I've noticed that I've only done about three blog posts this month, and they've all been pretty boring. How has the time gone by so fast? Obviously, we haven't been up to much this month. The weather has been raining off and on, so I haven't gone to the pool. Instead, I've been working on my Etsy shop, taking long walks, and cleaning my apartment. Not gonna lie, I actually like having a lot of time to myself. That doesn't mean that I don't miss my friends and family or don't mind some company. But I don't mind.
Anyway, Mark's work is going well. He's getting settle in and accomplishing more every day. This month we passed the midway point of our time over here. Did I mention that it has gone by fast? Oh! Last weekend I gave a talk in church, entirely auf Deutsch (in German). I wrote it and Mark translated it for me so I could just read it. What a sweets! I was really thankful though, because I was not nearly as nervous as I usually get when I give a talk. Seriously, that was such a surprise and a huge blessing. Mark gave a talk about a month ago and has to give another one this Sunday. Haha! All the benefits of being in a small ward, but we love it!
We're so excited though--we have a few travel plans for the next couple of months now that the cost of traveling over here is starting to go down. The second weekend in September, we're going to go see a friend in Monheim. Then at the beginning of October, my brother is coming over to stay for a month. We are going to see Hamburg, Kiel, Copenhagen, and Aarhus. We might even make it down to Switzerland a week or two later. We are both so excited, especially to see Denmark. I am excited to see where Mark served parts of his mission and to experience a different part of Germany. It'll be a good time!
Oh, and did I mention that the döner shop opens in four days? Mark says we are going to be the first people in line. I sure do miss that place. Tonight, we went out to eat with some of Mark's coworkers at a restaurant in Waiblingen. We ordered a pizza to share and guess what I found--yep, another hair. I'm batting two for two with the pizzas here in Waiblingen. And this was a completely different restaurant! What's the deal?! Someone get these people hair nets! It really is a shame though, because overall the pizzas weren't too bad.
So that's what has been going on with us. We love it here and we can't wait to go traveling! I thought I would leave you with a few pictures that I've taken on my walks around Waiblingen. Don't mind that they are from my photo app on my iPhone and not my normal camera. It's just more fun to take pictures that way.
There is a cemetery close to where we live, and it is gorgeous. Sounds weird, but it is. There are so many interesting headstones and it is lush and full of flowers. Walking in one is almost like walking in a lovely park with sculptures. :) So of course I had to take some pictures of a few of my favorites!
Isn't it gorgeous here?

The attitude of the sculptures gives one a feeling of peace and serenity. Thanks for sharing! Have a great September. In B.L. snow is forecast for the 29th and 30th!!!! Love, Mom
ReplyDeleteLovely photos! I hope you guys have a fantastic time with all your travel plans. You should try to get to Italy before you leave Germany. Lake Como is gorgeous and only about a 5 hour drive from you. I suggest getting on a very and eating pizza in Bellagio. Maybe you will see George Clooney on the Lake.
ReplyDeleteHi Candice! Your post on Monheim and Cologne is amazing! From the train ride through the cathedral. That part of Germany seems to have its own character. Thanks! mom
ReplyDelete