Although Germany does have a serious shortage of Mexican food compared to the U.S. (can't imagine why), I'm willing to forget and forgive. Hence, why I've come to love so many foods over here.
Today I'm only including four items, mostly because we bought them last time we went shopping so I thought I would add them to the blog. We can't buy everything we love at once! (Although I really want to.)
I'll admit, most of these are probably junk foods. Did I also mention that I'm working really hard on eating better? Yeah, I am.
Anyway, item nummer eins. (That's German for number one.)
Schoko Müsli. (Chocolate Müsli)
Oh, how I love müsli, the glorious concoction of raw oats with dried fruit, chocolate, or anything else that suits your fancy. I'm not usually a big fan of cooked oatmeal because it makes me queasy sometimes, so müsli is the perfect answer. This müsli that I love has raw oats, corn flakes, chocolate puffs, and chocolate flakes. Mmm!! Most grocery stores have a generic brand of this so the specific brand doesn't matter. I've tried a few and I love them all!
Fanta Mandarine Orange.
Oh dear. This one always gets me into big trouble because I am seriously trying not to drink sodas, but if Mark buys it, I can't resist. I first discovered my love for European Fanta when I first came over here five years ago. (The Fanta back home just doesn't taste the same.) We love the original orange flavor, but we love the mandarin flavor even more. It tastes like a freshly squeezed back of Cutie mandarins. Tasty, tasty.
Rotkohl.
When Mark first told me about rotkohl several years ago, I was skeptical. To enjoy the taste of it sounded like a bit of a stretch, even for someone who loves sauerkraut. Rotkohl, as I understand, is basically cooked red cabbage. I'm not sure if it is fermented. Sometimes apples are added--this jar that we bought is apfelrotkohl--so it has apples in it. It's an acquired taste at first, but it's really good with mashed potatoes and gravy or another favorite food of mine, knödel (to be introduced later).

Alpro Yogurt.
Germany should be dubbed the "Land of the Yogurt." I swear the yogurt section is one of the biggest sections in the store. So many types and kinds to chose from! So it's very fitting that there should be a soy yogurt, and a very good one at that. I discovered this brand in my local store right after we moved here, and I love it. This is blueberry, but the vanilla is really good, too. This is mostly a favorite of mine, because Mark prefers the dairy versions better. Oh well, I say he's missing out!
And there you have it. Four of our favorite foods over here. Next up: the best chocolate we've ever had, and....well....isn't that enough to get you to read the next favorite foods post? :)

We love Schoko musli, but eat a different brand. Oh, if you get up to Frankfurt there is a Mexican restaurant there. Otherwise, if you like to cook, then you can learn to make your own tortillas they are pretty tasty and are pretty easy to make. There is also recipes on line for your own seasoning mix too.
ReplyDelete