A drum line! We saw a couple of these.
We thought this was pretty random--a little lounge area in the middle of the park with what appeared to be a bunch of used, second hand couches. Haha!
Medieval vendor
Stage and vendors
There were so many people walking around dressed up in medieval clothes!
Oh, did I mention the drinking?
What really was loads of fun though, was listening to all the music around the festival. In the middle of the city, there were multiple bands playing a bunch of American music. Favorites: Songs from "Grease" and "Ladies Night" by Kool and the Gang. Priceless!! Of course, the Germans thought it was great.
Over on the other side of the river where all the vendors were set up were medieval rock bands. I uploaded some videos for you to enjoy on YouTube.
First, a medieval rock band. Notice the jumping kids at the end. :)
Followed closely by another medieval band. Mark thinks the singer looks like Captain Jack Sparrow.
A drum line in the park. Gotta love the drunk dancing.
One of my favorite nights here so far.

An authentic medieval street fair would be so unbelievably awesome. I am jealous. All we have here in town is a wanna be club with weird costumes from the D.I. The practice in the park and look funny. Any way thanks for the pictures. I want some of those wooden bowls to display in my house.
ReplyDeleteYou guys are AWESOME! I didn't realize you'd left until I saw your post on your other blog. I've been looking at this blog now for like an hour! What an awesome adventure! Can I come over and follow you around? Is Europe 2-children-friendly? I can't wait to keep reading!!
ReplyDeleteSOOO Rad. And the videos make is so much more real. I love it.
ReplyDeleteSo, i just found this blog!! HOW FUN!! What a great adventure...now is the perfect time for your and your hubby to explore! Enjoy your time there and I can't wait for your next update...oh and way awesome your family was out there visiting you! :)
ReplyDelete