Meanwhile, we still have a lot of things to get taken care of. Tomorrow, we are going to visit with the risk management man on campus to take care of our insurance. Mark has to get insurance through the university, and it's optional for me. But since we're going to be doing a lot of (risky? I hope!) stuff over there and I don't want to owe millions of euros to some hospital in Germany, I'm going to get it too. I'll just have to pay a little more because I won't be a student anymore. But we'll FINALLY be betting health insurance! Bonus for us!
There's also been some confusion over whether or not I should get a visa. Hopefully we can get that settled soon.
For me, time can't go by fast enough. I just want to get my diploma, get my apartment cleaned, get packed, and get out of here. I can't wait for the moment when we'll be boarding the plane bound for London. Then, I'll probably feel like I can finally relax. I'll sit and dream of the things that I want to do, such as:
1. Swimming down the Aare River in Bern, Switzerland. I can't even imagine how amazing this would be!
2. Paragliding over the Alps.
Yes, you heard me right. This is a bit of a stretch, but it's still fun to dream about. What would be more incredible than flying over the Alps and the lakes below suspended only by a parachute? One thing's for sure, I would probably be flying solo on this one, Mark isn't a fan of heights. (Or water for that matter, so I might be going solo on the swimming, too) This video's music is a little cheesy, but man alive, doesn't it look amazing?!
4. Thrift store shopping. I'm going to be all over this! One of my first things to do after we get settled and Mark heads to work is to track down some amazing thrift stores. I know they're out there, and I'm going to find them!

Yep, that's going to be me standing there mesmerized by all the piles of clothes. But perhaps, without a pot in my hand.
5. Going to the city markets. Words can't express how excited I am for the fresh produce and amazing bread. Someone is really going to have to hold me back from eating all that crunchy bread. Mmmmm...

As for Mark, I know exactly what he wants--the first thing he's going to devour after getting off the plane--a döner. Probably chased by a Fanta and a Milka bar.

As for me, I'll take a falafel. Thank you very much.

You absolutely HAVE to post an obscene amount of pictures so I can live vicariously through you!!! :D
ReplyDeleteI am super excited for both of you!!!!
ReplyDeleteJealous!!!! That's pretty much all I can say. Except for one more thing....you won't be able to relax once you get on that plane. I learned that from past experience! HA HA HA!!! Maybe you'll be able to relax once you've been in Germany for about a month. :) We need to PAAARRRRTTT-AAAAYYYY! before you leave! :(
ReplyDeleteHey this is Brock that went and did the internship last year. Good for you guys! You will love it! If you have any questions let me know. I can tell you all the details on getting settled in over there. Also, if you are doing the Bosch internship and will be living in Waiblingen, then I can tell you about a school my wife attended to learn German. It was great! My email is brock.winzeler@aggiemail.usu.edu
ReplyDelete