Saturday, April 24, 2010

18(!) Days.

We're down to 18 days! Holy smokes!

I can't believe how close it is coming, but then again we never had much of a countdown to begin with. There really isn't much to update about--we're still looking for an apartment, which has been a challenge.

I guess the best way for us to get an apartment would be to wait until we got over there, but it seems like we're going to have to put so much up to chance! It's scary to think about being homeless over there and not really having a place to live. It's also scary to think about being so desperate to find a place that we might settle for something really expensive (living in a crappy apartment really doesn't scare me at all, especially after living where we do now). So our main concern is just trying to find something that won't really cripple our finances. But anyway, that's kinda boring so I won't go on and on about it.

How about that volcano?! Can I just say how thankful I am that flights are resuming? What a relief. I thought we were going to be stranded here and we wouldn't be able to make it over. I just hope things won't get worse.

Another thing we're doing is arranging how we're going to get from London to Stuttgart, and I think we're going to go on the trains. We'll probably take the Eurostar (the train that goes underneath the English Channel) then catch another train to Stuttgart. I'm so excited to be traveling by trains over there--I love them. I'm also excited not to have a car and to just be able to walk around over there. Europe is so pedestrian friendly.

I must say that we haven't gotten to where we are now without the help of many people, so thank you so much! Moving to another country has been such a big learning curve (of course) but everyone has been so nice to help. Danke schön!

Just so this post isn't too boring, I thought I would throw in a few pictures. :)


Here's me by Schloss Neuschwanstein, pretty much the only part of Germany that I saw when I went over the first time. It left me dying for more! :)


Ohmygosh, I can't wait to get back to Switzerland. Here's me in Lucerne.

1 comment:

  1. That's beautiful! If I could afford the flight, I'd so be visiting you!!

    ReplyDelete